Top 10 things to do in Singapore (insiders tips included)
This is my first blog post on my visit to Singapore. My family recently visited us here but they also wanted to travel to Malaysia. So obviously they were extremely short on time. I also know a lot of people especially coming from India, mostly honeymooners, they like to take a three day trip to Singapore and club it with either Bali or Malaysia etc. And most often the trips are pre-planned by their Travel Agent. This for those who have very less time in Singapore. I list down a cheat-list of the absolute must-visit places in Singapore.
- Universal studio
- Sea aquarium
- Garden by the Bay
- Jurong Bird Park
- Hop on and Hop off (HIPPO bus)
- China Town
- Little India
- Clark Quakey
- adventure cove
- Orchard road
- Trick eye museum
1. Universal studio
Takes one full day (open from 10 am to 6 pm)
– try not to carry any bags with you, since there is the queue for the rides. But if you carry a bag, you would be needed to queue up for the locker first to keep the bag and then to take it out at every ride, apart from the queue for each ride.
– to avoid Long queues, try your best to visit universal studio on a weekday and reach there early in the morning
– grab a map of Universal Studio, to make sure you don’t miss any ride
– and lastly do not think of skipping rides thinking, you would come back and do it. The way Universal studio is made is that you enter from one end and then you are lead to another end to exit.
2. SEA aquarium
Located in Sentosa, can be clubbed with trick eye museum. Since a visit to sea aquarium can take half a day.
Timing: 10am to 7pm
– do not miss the small audiovisual which is projected on a boat just in front of the stairs, where some people grab seats and appear to be waiting for the next show. Lots of tourist miss this and straight away head to the aquariums. It’s is very interesting and must not be missed and ends with a 5D experience. You can thank me later.
3. Garden by the Bay
Again a half day activity, club it with a visit to marina sands Bay and end it a trip to the casino.
– if you are running short of time and can visit either the forest dome or the flower dome, visit the forest dome its spectacular.
– there is a sound and light show shown on the huge AVATAR inspired trees.
4. Jurong Bird Park
The main attraction is the show that shown at different timing in the day. Try not to miss them
– there is a train that moves around the whole park. It stops at various attraction points to drop and pick up tourist. I suggest you grab a map and take this train which is of 2$ I suppose and tour the entire park on this. Alight and then Hop on to it. Otherwise, it gets very tiring.
– first birds show starts early in the morning around 10 till the afternoon and thereafter the same shows are repeated till the evening. So I suggest either reach there early morning to catch the shows up until the afternoon or else reach around the afternoon and catch the evening repeats shows.
5. HOP on and hop off
This is a good way of touring the main places of interest in Singapore.
– when you book a tour and get on the bus the place to get yourself seated is the rooftop. However Singapore’s weather can get very hot during the day when it’s not raining, so my suggestion is to grab the seats at the back which have shade to save you from sunburn or getting drenched in the rain
6. Clark quakey
It is the best place to head to for enjoying the nightlife in Singapore for tourists.
– there are no tips for this place just let your hair down, relax, have a beer and chill and get ready for the next day.
Located at the Sarangoon road, near little India, this is a must visit. The good thing is it is open 24×7, 365 days. so no excuse that you did not get time to visit this place.
-do not forget to pick up some perfumes, you get some really good “buy one get one free” deals here.
-interested in buying some bling. the gold jewellery section has a massive range. you would have a difficult time choosing. look for some jewelry with ” no making charge” and yes do not forget to carry your passport here to grab more discount by claiming GST refund for tourists.
8. Adventure Cove
This is basically a water park. Just pray it’s a sunny day otherwise it can get really cold in there. Do not forget to take your swimsuit and sunscreen. It’s a full day activity.
– you get lockers to change and put your belongings.
– you must carry a poly bag to take back your clothes.
– the snorkeling area is really nice. For those who want to feel how it is to snorkel or swim with the fish, this is good chance to try it out.
9. Orchard road
This is basically a lane with Malls on both the sides, these Malls are high-end Malls mostly. Showrooms of all the worldwide luxury designers. This the place where the Singaporeans like to hang out.
– if by chance you are visiting Singapore in the month of November, do not forget to visit this area. The place gets into the holiday mood. Christmas trees, lights, decorations, it’s all so beautiful.
– if you don’t have a lot of time or don’t feel like walking too then Hop onto bus no 14 going toward Orchard road and sit on the window seat. The view of the entire Orchard road is stunning. I bet you would alight at the next stop to join get into these luxury Malls.
– TAKASHIMAYA is a Japanese mall, do try to get to food court area in Takashimaya. You will see an amazing range of Japanese bakery, food ice creams, tea, and whatnot. Do not miss this one.
10. Trick eye museum
It’s a fun place to hang out. Located in Santosa, can be clubbed with a visit to the aquarium in Sentosa, as it is a half day activity.
– this place is fun but for more fun download this app. No one informs you about this app at the location.